Prep Time: 5 min/ Cook Time: 20 min
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 12 oz. package of Flocchini mild Italian Sausage, sliced in 1/3 or leave whole
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Brown sausage in pan over medium heat. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add olive oil in the pan.
- Saute onions and peppers, add 1/4 cup wine, cover and stir occasionally until peppers are soft and onions are clear about 15 min. There should be a nice glaze.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add sausages back into pan with the onions and peppers.
- Add 1/4 cup of wine.
- Stir and cover for 5 min. Stirring one more time in between until all of the wine is absorbed.
- Serve on a platter or in sandwich rolls.