By: Chelsie Rose | Instagrammys
- 6 Durham Ranch Basque chorizo sausages
- 6 French rolls for hoagies
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 4 Assorted color bell peppers, julienned
- Cotija, crumbled
- Avocado, sliced or diced
- Cilantro, for garnish
- 1 Large egg yolk
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- Dash of salt to taste
- 1/4 Cup EVOO
- 1/4 Cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp. mole negro paste
- Fresh ground black peppercorns
Chorizo Hoagies Instructions
- Prep grill by preheating with all burners on high for 10 to 15 minutes and clean grate with grill brush. Turn off 2 to 3 of the burners so leaving 1/3 of burners on to ensure indirect heat for grilling chorizo sausages.
- Place the sausages on the grill over indirect heat. Cook with closed lid for 15 minutes. Flip the sausages, and check their temperature. Cook for another 5 to 10 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees. Once fully cooked and browned on all sides, set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- While sausages are grilling, heat avocado oil in a pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute for 10 minutes. Add the bell peppers, garlic, salt and chili flakes. Continue cooking for additional 10 minutes.
- Once sausages are removed from the grill, turn off heat and add the french rolls- close lid. Toast for 2 to 3 minutes. Smear mole Aioli onto rolls and add chorizo sausages 1 tp 2 per roll. Top with grilled onions, peppers, avocado and cotija. Garnish with cilantro.
- Serve with a Negro Modelo. Watch the game.
Mole Aioli Instructions
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolk, garlic, salt and a couple teaspoons of water. Add mole negro paste and mix into egg mixture making sure it is fully dissolved.
- Whisking constantly, drizzle grapeseed oil (very slowly), until sauce is emulsified. Continue whisking, add olive oil in a slow stream. Add salt and pepper to taste.